November-December 2012 SOP Challenge: Peace for the Spirit
The objectives of this challenge are as follows:
- Read the posts called “How to experience peace Part 1 and Part 2”.
- Receive His gift of peace by practicing “in the moment” 2 second prayers.
Practice “in the moment” 2 second prayers. Choose 1-3 words or a short phrase from a song that you will pray when you need peace. It could be “Jesus”, or “Your peace Jesus”, or I like to sing, “I’ve got peace like a river, I’ve got peace like a river, I’ve got peace like a river in my soul.” The particular words don’t matter as much as that you do it. It takes 2 seconds of stopping what you are doing to pray. You won’t be disappointed. Let’s be aware of His presence each day and practice receiving.
- In the very moment when I am feeling overwhelmed with things I need to get done, I will stop and pray.
- In the very moment when my mind is rampant with fear, I will stop and pray.
- In the very moment when the future is unknown, I will stop and pray.
- In the very moment when I don’t know what to do, I will stop and pray.
- Just like I didn’t realize I needed the Vitamix, we also may not recognize our need for the gift of Jesus’ peace. But after we experience it, our world is changed for the better. We wonder how we ever did life without it. He knows we NEED His peace and He is offering it. We just need to take the next step to receive it.
- Memorize His promise of peace to bring encouragement, comfort, strength, and hope.
John 14:27 “Peace I leave you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”